Spring Garden Moravian Church | Photograph: Copyright Edward Hernandez
Spring Garden Moravian Church was constructed in 1852, and built unto the ruins of an old sugar factory. The building served the Moravian Church and the wide community as a sanctuary, school and community centre and survived the ravages of Hurricane “Flora” on the 30th September 1963. Although replaced by a new sanctuary the old church serves as a remedial learning centre and a meeting place. Proposals and plans are being made for its restoration.